STEP ONE - DNA - Do I Need to Organise For My Horse?
- If you wish to pre-register a filly or mare with IDSHS (Aust) Inc., it is now mandatory for DNA to be taken as per the Operating Regulations (Found in the Members Only Section).
- If you wish to pre-register a colt with IDSHS (Aust) Inc., DNA must be taken at time of pre-registration, if the owner wishes to stand the colt as a stallion with IDSHS (Aust) Inc. If you plan to geld later on, but would like to pre-register colt under the age of 2, DNA is not required. A veterinary gelding certificate must be provided by the colt's second birthday.
- If you wish to pre-register a gelding with IDSHS (Aust) Inc., and you cannot prove parentage (supply a Stallion Service Certificate or Vet Insemination Report), DNA must be taken to prove RID blood, as per the Operating Regulations.
- If you own a mare that is Irish Sport Horse Registered or Studbook Registered (RID, AID, SID) with IDSHS (Aust) Inc. and does not have a DNA on profile, then DNA must be taken if the mare is to have a filly/colt that you wish to pre-register as per the Operating Regulations.
Horse Identification for DNA Kits
To save time, you can now input below your horses details to organise pre-registration and DNA kits. If you require a DNA kit, please wait until you have received it before getting the vet out to fill in the ID form. (The vet will have to take DNA). If you have any questions or are unsure of any details below, please contact the Registrar for verification that your horse is registerable.
- Please make sure you have read the above carefully before filling in the below
- ID form can be found below (This will be filled in by your vet AFTER you have received the DNA Kit from the Society)