STEP TWO - Pre-Registration
- All horses must be microchipped at time of pre-registration if not already done.
- A Horse ID Form must be filled out by your vet.
- If required, A DNA sample must be taken at the same time - DO I NEED TO DNA MY HORSE?
- DNA kit sent by Vet, as per instructions, to ASB (Australian Stud Book) and results will be sent directly to the Society; NOT the owner of the horse.
- Please go to the Membership Page for more information on membership fees, pre-registration fees and DNA Kits.
- Please keep a photocopy of the horse identification form for your records and
- return the original to the Registrar along with
- a copy of the mare's pedigree and/or registration papers and
- a copy of the stallion covering certificate.
Please ensure that all required paperwork accompanies the Horse Identification paperwork:
The Registrar - Xandria Hughes
PO Box 53
Mirboo North Vic 3871
- Fees paid directly to Society Bank Account with receipt number, and what you have paid for, including membership form forwarded to the Secretary – firstname.lastname@example.org
- An email with an electronic certificate will be sent to the owner from the registrar.
The horse is then classified as pre-registered and able to compete in breed classes/performance awards sponsored by IDSHS (Aust) Inc., if there is not an Inspection day organised close to you in the near future.